1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi gang-rape victim is whipped and jailed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 15, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

More lessons in tolerance and justice from the country who holds itself to be the keeper of the true faith of Islam.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, leave W's friends alone.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Poin....I think you'll have a hard time finding a lot of knowledgable Americans trying to defend Saudi's ridiculous legal system, especially in this case.

4. heyabbott

When oil's at $30 a barrel I'm willing to let shit like this slide, but at $95 a barrel, we should just invade Saudi Arabia and let Iran have Iraq.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am constantly surprised that in some of these backward ass countries that the men all don't wake up one day bleeding from the nether region with the women all holding rusty kitchen knives.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's great how we attack Iraq, which had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, and yet we're still nominally friends w/the Saudis, a country which supplied quite a few of the 9/11 hijackers.

7. heyabbott

15 of 19 were Saudis as is Mister Al Queda himself, OBL.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think that when the U.S. stops leading most of the world in executions, you can chirp all you want about other countries' legal systems.

9. Would you support a U.S. invasion of Saudi Arabia? (Or would have supported one in 2003?)

10. Of course, because the U.S. is executing the victims of crimes, or just random people off the street. Christ.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Installing a democracy in Saudi Arabia would go a lot further in spreading democracy throughout the Middle East, for sure.

Only drawback I can think of is that it's impossible. While some will put up with us in Persia, no way we'd be welcome in Saudi Arabia.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I figured as much from you. I was surprised you weren't over with Junkie at the "Speak English thread"

When you stop killing your citizens in record numbers, you can talk about how wonderful your legal system is.

My comment was not a defense of the Saudis--but if you want to clean a system up, start in your own backyard and keep your nose out of your neighbours's

Oh, wait. That's an American tradition, minding other peoples' business.

Draft saved Draft deleted