1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saturday, July 21, NY/LI/NJSJ.com Get Together (de-facto 2007 outing)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Re: NY/LI/NJSportsJournalists.com Get Together (de-facto 2007 outing)

Isn't that the point of the gatherings? Drink until you are kicked out?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

1) Send me some details when they get ironed out. That way I'll have everything set for the day.

2) If I can still stand after my day activity (and the contingent is still going), I'll be there.

3) I agree. :)

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Okay, I could use a little advice from those who were involved with/or attended the D.C. and Toronto outings: I would like to reserve a table at The Perfect Pint. Would that be agreeable for those who are coming?

There are a bunch of hotels and hostels near the Pint. So, there are places to crash after tying one--or three--on.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Are we planning on just staying at the Perfect Pint all day long or going around the streets and visiting the fine local establishments? I will be dressed in my finest Ryan Howard jersey.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

We can hit various NYC establishments. If you're lucky, perhaps we'll stop by Kevin St. James on 47th and 8th Avenue, where I'm well known for dancing like a jackass. It's on video.

And if you want to wear your Ryan Howard jersey, feel free. Mets fans don't hate the Phillies.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'll be wearing my Dice-K jersey. I anticipate having my ass kicked twice and being sucker-punched once. I hope some rugby players are nearby when that happens.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Hell, maybe wearing a rival teams' jersey would make for a good story somewhere down the road.

Also, if anyone is interested in sharing a hotel room, PM me and we can organize something.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well played.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

HB and I will coordinate stuff for out of towners.... hell, given the mass transit schedule I might have to crash in the City myself because I might not be able to get back to NJ after 2 a.m.

Prelim plan is The Perefect Pint as the starting point, Kevin St. James, open til 4 a.m. I believe, as the late destination....potential for other stops alonog the way if we want to make it a pub crawl.

And remember, kiddies, this is New York. Drinks ain't cheap!

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

That's why you drink before you get there or head out. Treat it like a college homecoming.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nothing wrong with getting a base, Mayfly!

Draft saved Draft deleted