1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satisfy My Curiosity

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Apr 23, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

That just means he's getting old... trust me on this.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He is not old! He's only like 30 in cat years, dammit!

And yes, AB, it's very cute :D

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

My snoring has been described as a semi down shifting on the highway. It clears levels of houses, particualrly if I fall asleep on the couch.

This all probably falls under reasons I'm single No. 83.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wait a minute ... Stan has minions? [/crossthreading]

Sorry Lies ... to the original point of the thread, what does the 6000 on some Kentucky license plates refer to?

5. T2

T2 Member

6000 pounds, as in three tons. Trucks with a gross vehicle weight of less than 6000 pounds use these plates.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Thanks, bud. That has bugged me for years.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You know those intersections that are monitored by cameras for running red lights ... How does the camera know not to shoot me when I'm turning right on a red light? This is a lane that you can go straight or turn right.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

My understanding is that they are triggered when the front of your car reaches the point that is even with the light (in the middle of the intersection.) Therefore, when you turn right, you will not set off this trigger that takes the photo. I could be wrong, but I believe that's how they work.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because that's what THEY want you to think...

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

FYI, at Disney World they determine the wait time in lines by giving certain folks a card they swipe when they start out in line and then at the end so it tells how long that person waited.

If you were wondering.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

How does Wifi work? I mean, seriously, how does information travel through the air to my computer with no wires in it?

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

"flip a bitch" is definitely not just Texan... I've heard that used all over the place.

Draft saved Draft deleted