1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satellite Radio question/help #3,103,848

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

For a while all I got was static from my box then I raised my antenna to full staff and its been purring ever since. Be sure to point attena Southwest.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The only problem I have with the box is on really, really hot days for some reason. Other than that it seems to work fine.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

For a good portable XM receiver, try the SkyFi3.
    Delphi is phasing it out so you can find it cheap.
    You can listen to live XM, record 10 hours of live XM or buy a memory card and put your own music on it.
    It also can be used with a set of headphones with a built-in antenna so you can listen outdoors.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Rhody, what did you decide?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The NFL would be the only selling point for Sirius for me, and since I'm mostly in bars watching the NFL on Sunday, I would rarely have the occasion to listen. Only twice have I had to drive long distances on NFL Sundays this year, and both times I hit the XM Sporting News Radio station, where they have people sitting in front of TVs telling you everything that's going on at once. That's almost as good as listening to the games live.

6. Khartoum

Khartoum Active Member

Sirius is so much better, it's no comparison. XM has baseball. Sirius has everything else. Do I wish I had baseball? Yes. Sirius is better in every other regard (and no, I don't listen to Howard Stern or Opie and Anthony, because I'm not 12 years old).

Sirius has MUCH better music
    Sirius has MUCH better comedy stations (which is the real saving grace on long road trips)
    Sirius has a ridiculous amount of sports, from NFL to NHL to NBA to (ugh) NASCAR to loads of college sports.
    Sirius is just way, way, way better. I hated XM. The music is awful.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap! Look who lives!

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Maybe I wouldn't hate satellite radio with every beat of my heart and every expansion of my lungs if I had tried Sirius instead of XM, if what The Great Khartoum is saying is true.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

I'm not going to get into a debate but there are some people that say the same about Sirius.
    If the merger goes through, your point is moot.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I honestly don't care what brand people buy, as long as they buy it and like it.

I don't like Stern, I like baseball, I got XM. If you like Stern and football, get Sirius. We're all praying to the same God here.

It still blows my mind that anyone (hi IJAG!!!) would choose regular, shitty, same 12 songs played every 90 minutes in between extended commercial breaks radio over satellite. Even the worst of satellite has got to be 100,000,000x better than Clear Channel.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not if you don't like music you don't know, or if you don't really like music all that much. I just listen to my iPod in my car now.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Unfortunately, Clear Channel is programming some of XM's music channnels.

Draft saved Draft deleted