1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SATC: The Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, May 6, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

That's the burning questions that the husbands really want to know.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There have been 4, actually: The Matrix Reloaded, The Passion of the Christ, 300 and Hannibal.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm sure you're right. The article I read last night only listed Matrix Reloaded and 300. Regardless, it's an amazing take for this kind of movie. It's pretty rare for any chick flick to pass $100 mil and this one should double that easily.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

140 tops

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Damn. I guess I'm going to have to go see it this week.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Saw the review on Siskel and Ebert (since when did they dump the "thumbs up, thumbs down" reviews and change to skip it or see it. I guess Ebert's officially not involved with the show anymore?
    Anyway, I'm not going to see the movie, but I was surprised how it became such a topic on sports talk radio in the last week. Guys ripping on the movie and I just don't understand it. Is it out of some sense that the existence of the movie threatens their hetero-ness? Really, why even talk about the thing. What is this payback for Ford Fairlane or Porky's?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Technically Ebert's still a partner in the program; look for that to change by the end of the summer when the show gets a major revamping (name, signature gag, and permanent No. 2 host).

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I took Bad Gal Zero to a 2pm screening on Friday afternoon. There were only four other males in the audience so I'd put it at about 98% female. Nothing wrong with that. Many were all dressed to the nines which makes me think that this flick is going to have more legs than industry folks expected. I imagine that many of the shows fans will be seeing it multiple times with different groups of friends. I was a fan of the show and I'm happy to report that the movie is an enjoyable way to kill two and a half hours [though it doesn't seem that lengthy]. I don't think it'll hold the No. 1 spot next weekend [Kung Fu Panda=family flick=No. 1] but it wouldn't surprise me if it did. The folks could go sit through SatC while the kids watch computer animated Jack Black hijinks.

9. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Watching this movie reminds me of why I'm not a movie guy. I didn't completely dislike the show, but the movie was just horrible.

What percentage of movies are completely predictable, cliched drivel? 75%? 95%?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

These days it's probably about 90 percent.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Titanic? Didn't see that coming. Same with the Passion of the Christ.

But I see your point. I sometimes wonder if I've seen too many movies, or the people making them haven't seen enough.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

There's been one other guy on there pretty steadily lately. Can't think of his name but I believe he writes for a Chicago paper. And now they already have their own little catch-phrase with the "See it" or "Skip it" and are doing that "Three to see" thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted