1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SATC: The Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, May 6, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Gonna make you go see it, Flasher!

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Noooooooooooooooooooo ... I wanna Torrent it. [/pouting]

I hate movie theatres.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Go on and spoil it, IJAG. Then I can spoil it for my wife so she won't want to see it. :)

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm hoping they all hang themselves at the end of the movie... :D

I would bet serious money it's not one of the main four who kicks it.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

SJP and SATC, courtesy of the New Yorker:

http://nymag.com/movies/profiles/46660/

6. Started out great, then the writers transformed SJP into a parody of Alan Alda's character in the latter years of MASH--an endless stream of cliches, one-liners and drivel. BTW, she's the true definition of a butterface-- amazing from the neck down, but that mug. (obscure reference: Seinfeld epi where the chick looks good in certain light, scary in others!)

While we're on the subject, Kristin Davis--sigh, I'd leave home for that.

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I, too liked the show, but have no intention of paying money at a theater to see it. If anyone here has seen it or knows someone who has, feel free to PM all the spoilers.

8. How could we be so wrong?

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

It's really got something to do with Jeff Bridges, an unintentionally hilarious beard and an iron suit, maybe?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're no longer 24 down.

11. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Fans of the tv show will not be disappointed, from the parts of the movie I've seen and the people I've talked to. Have a friend who is involved in the production ... it's not this person, but the review fits:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2008/05/04/2008-05-04_sex_and_the_city_the_movie_proves_that_a-3.html

12. Are women who were into this show then still interested in it now? The women I knew who watched it were young and single. Now they're all married with kids. Can't see them paying $10 to see it in the theatre.

Draft saved Draft deleted