1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SATC: The Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, May 6, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

So ... the director decided not to kill off Mr. Big.

Does the trailer portray well enough the potential suckitude of this movie?

http://movies.aol.com/movie/sex-and-the-city-2008/30247/video/trailer-no-2/2081927

2. Saw the trailer in the theater a while back. The missus, who loved the show, said, "Wow, that is gonna suck."

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm guessing Mr. Big bails on the ceremony and ends up coming back for the fairy tale elopement.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mr. Big will bolt and head back to Alicia Witt.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I enjoyed the show, even when it became a caricature of itself.

I don't see the point, plotwise, to a movie.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I just don't see the need for SATC to placate to their rabid, deulsional wing of their fan base to "close" the open ends of each story, including Carrie's. Most of the open ends were tied up in the series finale. Now, if they want to focus the movie on Carrie finally walking down that aisle, and her doubts and worries about leaving singlehood, then I'm okay with that. Just don't turn it into a half-assed effort. I like my Miranda smart, frazzled, and witty, and I want my Samantha to stay in full-bore cougar mode.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Alicia Witt? Do you mean Briget Moynahan or are you referring to a different show/movie/real life?

Big fan of the show, but I'm not very optimistic about the movie. I wonder who "dies" though.

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I worry about them delving deeper into Samantha's cancer, which I just don't want to see. But I;'ll take all I can get of Charlotte (except those recent pics. Ick.)

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Criminal Intent.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Aaaah, I get it. Thanks Dools.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I will say this much:

I know someone who has seen it. You guys are WAY off.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Dammit, that's just not fair.

Draft saved Draft deleted