1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SAS gives an interview to a BLOG!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 12, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Nation of Islam blog is an Onion-type parody?

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Clip 'n save this one: Stevie will not be renewed by ESPN. Believe he's got 2 years or so left. Tick. Tock.

3. CatchMeUp

CatchMeUp Member

Are you people idiots? The thing was clearly bullshit, a parody.

4. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

that's what i thought

but ...

if you read the comments ...

the blogger writes:

"If your insinuation is that this was not real interview with Mr. Smith....well, you are wrong.

"Just as our previous interviews with Scoop Jackson and Jason Whitlock were true communications.

"Mr. Smith answered our questions via email and probably did not bother editing himself.

"We put his responses up 'as is.'"

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Say what you will about that BLOG!, but when they post an interview with a writer it's legit.

6. Reel E Reel

Reel E Reel Member

i don't know if it is real or not...but i can tell you this...i emailed whitlock after that blog did an interview with him...because whitlock makes his email addy available...and whitlock said that in fact he did do the interview...i don't know scoop or SAS's email, so i don't know how to verify their interviews....

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

What I don't get is this:
    The NOI sportsblog really thinks there's no one out there who is bothered by Dick Vitale's volume? That he's never been criticized in the media for being over the top?
    I googled "Dick Vitale" and "annoying" and got 18,400 hits!

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

... and those were just posts on SJ.

9. Reel E Reel

Reel E Reel Member

"The NOI sportsblog really thinks there's no one out there who is bothered by Dick Vitale's volume? That he's never been criticized in the media for being over the top?"

i noticed that the noisblog had endearing in quotes....

Draft saved Draft deleted