1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SAS gives an interview to a BLOG!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This thread will not end well since it's SAS and The Nation of Islam Sportsblog ...

http://nationofislamsportsblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/stephen-smith-interview.html

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

bruh

5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

3. awriter

awriter Active Member

"I consider it my responsibility to express a point of view -- even one I may admittedly not necessarily agree with -- that echoes that of the disenfranchised, the individuals who feel passionately about something yet go unheard."

That's interesting. He basically admitted he has no credibility, right?

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

That sentence says so much about the whole phenomenon of yell-it-loud sports journalism "discussion" that takes place on TV...

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ed Bradley is something I've idolized my entire adult life....

This is a put-on, right? Or has the world just been so dumbed down?

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3) Travis Johnson has taken a lot of heat for his post game comments about Trent Green. Many sportswriters (ie, Peter King) have lambasted Johnson for his statements, essentially saying 'get over it, the hit wasn't illegal'. Some of these are the same people (ie, Peter King) that years ago wrote columns saying that Warren Sapp's hit on Chad Clifton may have been legal, but was unnecessary and cheap . Any thoughts on this?

No thoughts whatsoever. I really don't care about that at all.

Actually, this is one of the best answers I have heard since the advent of cable tv. I wish talking heads would use this more, in fact all the time. Every talking head doesn't need to have an opinion about every subject.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I haven't made it through yet... But three sentences in, I already have a question... People find Dick Vitale endearing?

8. awriter

awriter Active Member

Yeah, but can we really believe he really "doesn't care about that at all?" Or is he just saying that because he doesn't think his opinion echoes "that of the disenfranchised?"

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I was just going to post that. Clearly the blogger is trying to bait SAS into some kind of opinion based on race. He would have none of it.

10. Reel E Reel

Reel E Reel Member

yea, he didn't get baited on that one...but look at the first question about dickie v. dickie is criticised just as much for being loud and abbrassive as SAS is....but SAS mentioned being black had something to do with why he gets hated on....

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And I'm sure that's true.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And King didn't lambast Johnson for his statements. He presented both sides of the more general debate about these blocks, while in tone chiding Johnson for continuing to criticize Green even after the game when Green's health was unknown.

Draft saved Draft deleted