1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Silverman is awesome

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheHacker, May 14, 2011.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I'll second that!!

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Not again in our lifetimes.

I was going through a box of shit a few weeks ago and found a tape with an NBC Game of the Week from 1987 on it. Talk about a vanished civilization.

3. mrbio

mrbio Member

Shock, Agree, she is not an unattractive young lady at all.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Could you burn that random game to a DVD for the rest of the class?

5. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Saw her act live, seen her on countless talk show appearances. Have to agree with anyone who thinks (a) she's not that all funny and (b) her best work was on Seinfeld telling Kramer like it is ("You scream in your sleep").

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This is random, but there are people online who love to archive and collect that nostalgia. I mostly see it on torrent sites in the form of old cartoon and commercial collections, but I know I'd love to see some old Howard Cosell stuff, since his family (I believe, so goes the urban legend) has prevented a lot of his stuff from being re-released and packaged.

7. mrbio

mrbio Member

You can catch a lot of old Howard Cosell stuff on ESPN Classic. It really is a tremendous pleasure when you get lucky and channel surf onto it. He was such a fantastic commentator who could make the events he covered even more exciting and enjoyable to watch.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I have sent a couple of e-mails to Westwood One asking that they consider releasing tapes of the old Larry King radio show, which I'm pretty sure they hold the rights to. If you remember that show, looking back on it now, what a wonderful slice of America at that time. Think of the damn celebrities and politicial movers and shakers he had on that show in the middle of the fucking night.

"Tonight, Warren Christopher will be joining us in the first hour to discuss his new book. In the second hour, Tonight Show executive producer Fred DeCordova will be on to discuss his new book and Johnny's fued with Joan Rivers. And of course Open Phone America in the final hour..."

There's nothing comparable on now.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

ESPN blew it royally with Classic. That could and should have been a shining source of pride for the mother ship.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Damn, I've tried with Silverman, because she IS one good-looking woman. I tried the series. I tried her stand-up. Can't hack it. Top that with the fact that she was with the sleaziest of the late-night bunch, and ...

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I think Sarah Silverman is pretty, I think she's talented, I think she's funny.

I'm really tired on account of the fact that I ain't sleepin' so good since I got laid off, a couple weeks ago Monday.

So yeah, I'd hit it. I need the bread!

Oops ....

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sarah Silverman is on my list of five.

Draft saved Draft deleted