1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Silverman is awesome

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheHacker, May 14, 2011.

1. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

No, she was f*cking Matt Damon ... :)

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Yeah, you could tell Buck wasn't too enthusiastic about that half-inning from the very start. And god forbid if a blind man was listening to the TV, he would have had no idea what was going on down on the field.

They should never even put celebrities in the broadcast booth, because no matter who it is, they will never be able to equal this:

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=7216&page=1

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I was hoping that would be Leary.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Agreed. Nothing will ever be that funny.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

SS on Fox MLB video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/14/sarah-silverman-yankees-red-sox_n_862071.html

EDIT:
    Holy shit that video is fantastic! Starts out with Buck sheepishly explaining that they couldn't book any Yankee celebs. Fail!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I enjoyed it immensely. I've seen her act twice. She's hilarious.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

First part capsulizes what MLB on Fox and Buck's career is all about: Celebrities, Yankees and Red Sox. That's why I'm sure we saw the Bushes and Nolan Ryan so often during the Series last year, they were the only people Fox couldn't deal with.

And HOF nomination for Silverman for shutting McCarver up for a whole half-inning!

8. mrbio

mrbio Member

Don't find her to be even remotely funny.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She's hung like Ann Coulter, only circumsized.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Thank you thank you thank you! I've been trying to find that link for a few years now. Leary and Lenny Clarke bashing Mel and Remy laughing so hard, you thought he was coughing up a lung while lighting up a cigarette is priceless as hell.

"He's Jewish? Good for him! Where's your Dad at now, Mel!!!!!"

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

GREATEST. HALF-INNING. BROADCAST ANALYSIS. EVER.

EVER, I SAY.

whatever second might be ain't even close...

12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

From my perspective: I did not see her cameo at the game, and isn't she among the real no-name celebs we are stuck with who make idiotic comments that other people treat like comedy gold? I'm just tired of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted