1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Silverman is awesome

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheHacker, May 14, 2011.

1. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Just make sure it isn't "Dove" soap, because then it doesn't count.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No Dove soap here ...

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Crazy to think she started off as one of George Costanza's girlfriends on "Seinfeld."

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Her autobiography is great. Heartily recommended.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Absolutely insane decision by Fox, and they're lucky it didn't get much, much worse than it was. I can't think of many others who would make me more nervous on live TV than Sarah Silverman. I like her act from time to time, but she literally has no reservations about saying anything.

Side note: Buck's voice sounds awful tonight. Fox couldn't find anyone to sub for him when he's obviously sick? Or he just has so much pull that he won't be taken off a broadcast for any reason?

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

He seems to hate doing baseball so much that he probably got sick out of spite.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is fantastic.

And yeah, it's a miracle Silverman didn't say something that would make Seth MacFarlene go "Whoa, you can't say that on Fox!"

8. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Member

I think it was a Kramer girlfriend... the one he didn't want to sleep in the same bed with.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it was George.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Somewhere, out of the reach of sharp objects, I hope Artie Lange was watching the LSD exchange and laughing his ass off. I'm a huge student of comedy and not the biggest Silverman fan, but the fact that she made Buck so fucking tense made me laugh my ass off. I've never heard his WASP ass so happy to be at the end of an inning. Sanctimonious ass.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Nope Kramer. She had the jimmy legs.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Yep. They moved into George's parents' place at one point and acted like an old married couple.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted