1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Silverman is awesome

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheHacker, May 14, 2011.

1. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Anyone watching Red Sox-Yankees on Fox tonight? We were all just treated to Sarah Silverman in the booth with Buck and McCarver ... she says steroids are no good, but pitchers should use LSD, since it worked so well for Doc Ellis.

Killjoy Joe Buck couldn't change the topic fast enough. You could hear him doing a full-body cringe. End of the half-inning he says to her, "Thanks for not testing our seven-second delay."

Normally not a fan of celebs in the booth plugging their shows that no one is going to watch, but that half-inning with her was pretty funny.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

BYH went seven seconds and doesn't know why.

3. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Apparently she referred to "Massholes", though? I'm not watching, somebody tweeted that.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yes she did, twice. The audio got dumped both times. I found her annoying so I turned it before the end of the half inning.

5. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Somehow I missed them dumping out of the audio ... I was probably laughing too hard at Buck's reaction to her LSD comment to notice.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I turned it before the LSD comment so the Masshole thing was very early in the appearance.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That Joe Buck squirmed is satisfaction enough.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why did anyone at Fox think that Buck and McCarver would be able to deal with Ms. Silverman?

9. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Isn't she f*cking a Masshole?

10. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

McCarver is perhaps square enough to have thought that LSD was an obscure sabermetric stat.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

She's originally a New Englander but sort of a converted New Yorker. Either way, I don't think it precludes her from using that term because, above all else, she's a comedian.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Two Fox idealisms diametrically opposed to one another: Fox's inability to turn away from flashy subjects and a flashy subject who isn't intensely conservative.

Producers must have thought it was Sarah Palin, not Sarah Silverman.

(Now that I have introduced a political overtone to this, I will immediately suspend myself and wash my mouth and typing fingers with soap ... )

Draft saved Draft deleted