1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Palin - Kate Gosselin camping trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cranberry, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who the hell goes hunting without making sure the scope is properly sighted?

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I was thinking the same thing. The caribou probably was on massive doses of tranquilizers and was propped up by wires to make for an "easy" kill. At least she didn't shoot her dad in the face.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What do you mean, IF?

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

You have a severely busted genuinemeter.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think Palin like the money and power and fame, but given how quick she got outta Juneau after the election, I'm not sure she really wants to do that governing part. I could see her much more as she was in the midterms -- giving her blessing and her copious campaign cash to favored candidates.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ding! Ding! Ding!

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes, there is.

[​IMG]

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Better go see a doctor about my genuine-o-meter ... lol

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree with this. I think she has more power doing what she's doing now than becoming a candidate who can't win (assuming that's the case).

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Is it wrong for me to read this inserting the words 'Kate Gosselin' for the word 'caribou'?

If so, I'm sorry.

No, no I'm not.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OK, I just saw the video of her hunt. She was shooting from a pretty good distance, so I'm not surprised the caribou didn't move.

But I am shocked a professional guide — I'm assuming the second man with her was a guide — would allow a client to shoot at an animal on the crest of a hill. Yeah, they were in Alaska and there likely wasn't anybody around for miles and miles. But you never shoot unless you know what's behind the target. You especially don't keep shooting up a blind hill like that.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Good point. What if the bullet lands in Russia? There'd be an international incident.

Draft saved Draft deleted