1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Palin is a Dunce, Part 4,589,290,415,782,891

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash

Crash Active Member

I can't wait til she visits Paris, Kentucky and tells us how Rand Paul built the Louvre with his bare hands.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The state motto of California is "Eureka - I Have Found it." I wouldn't be surprised if the speech as originially written was correct and ad-libbed into a mistake.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

She has said "Drill baby drill" publicly in the last two months? I guess I believe it's possible she's dumb enough, but I'm still skeptical. That's awfully, awfully dumb.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Pilot, she's that dumb.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Not to be *that* guy, but does anyone have a link supporting that claim?

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I don't think she has. In fact, I think she has tried to spin her way out of ever saying that IIRC.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Reagan, you know, is kinda like God to the Palin movement; you would think Tundra Barbie would have his career details committed to memory. Reagan is no god to ME, and I know most of them.

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

From June 2:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20006611-503544.html

Sarah Palin today took to social networks to make the case that the GOP slogan "Drill, baby, drill" was right despite the oil leak in the Gulf - and to endorse a challenger to an Alaska senator with whom she has had a rocky relationship.

Palin wrote the following on Twitter: "Extreme Greenies:see now why we push'drill,baby,drill'of known reserves&promising finds in safe onshore places like ANWR? Now do you get it?"

From June 12:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201006120004

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

She actually has a Facebook post that says her "Drill Baby Drill" comment is directed toward onshore and shallow-water drilling.

"Extreme deep water drilling is not the preferred choice to meet our country’s energy needs"

Her spin is that if the U.S. bans offshore drilling, then foreign markets with less-strict regulations will come in and fuck things up even worse.

I wonder which member of her posse thought that one up. Because she didn't.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Doesn't a certain frumpiness go with the job, or am I missing Sonia Sotomayor's stylish days?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when some slob at the WashPo actually had to write stories on Sandy O'Connor's lace collars and the stripes Rehnquist added to his robe.
    I think it would have been so much cooler if he just went with the C.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

This is the same person who, in the fall of 2008, delivered the (and I'm paraphrasing here), "It's great to be in the home of the world champion Philadelphia Phillies" line to a crowd in western Pennsylvania. Erie, actually.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/once-again-sara.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.