1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sarah Palin is a Dunce, Part 4,589,290,415,782,891

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

well there ya go. Better living through silicone!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. highlander

highlander Member

Wasn't it a custard shop and not a bakery?

3. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

At least the college made money...I guess.

I've never understood the mass appeal. She's just not that intelligent--bottom line. And neither is her speechwriter, apparently.

Seriously, someone got paid to help put that speech together, and paid well. They should be embarrassed.

4. Crash

Crash Active Member

Getting the teams Andre Dawson played for 25 years ago mixed up in a barroom debate is a tad different than getting the state wrong in a speech you're giving at an educational facility, don't you think?

It's 2010. We get Google on our phones. Take a second and Google that shit.

What it really shows, I think, is political amateurism. "Oh, Reagan went to Eureka College, there's a Eureka, California, let's put that in there." If it's wrong, it's wrong. After all, who's going to focus on such a minute detail in meaningless speech? Palin and her handlers haven't picked up yet that every word, every action is going to be parsed over with a microscope. They're still setting up illegal defense funds, still getting facts wrong in speeches, still allowing her to do stuff that makes her look stupid. She's been in the national spotlight for two years now, but her handlers (and her) still think they're in Alaska, where national media, bloggers, and Average Joes with the Internet don't bother paying attention.

From the Kouric interview to the interview in front of the turkey getting decapitated to repeating "Drill, baby, drill" in the middle of this country's worst oil spill ever to a detail as minute as where Ronald Reagan went to college, her team continues to make screw ups large and small.

Forget the fact that her speeches are soundbites surrounded by nothingness. Forget the fact that she has no ability to discuss issues with any intellectual depth. She can't even handle the little things -- the most obvious things -- correctly.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I defy anyone to give as many speeches as any political figure does, and not make mistakes like that.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fixed!!!

7. zagoshe

I'd fuck her before I'd fuck that redneck Angie Harmon wannabe racer car driver laying on a dirty beach with A-cups!!!!! [\crossthread]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I disagree.

I don't understand why anyone of any political persuasion would want to claim her.

If Nancy Pelosi said something dumb regarding my home state, I would gladly post it.

9. zagoshe

If that were really true, you'd be spending an awful lot of time posting Nancy Pelosi quotes......

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't we all?

11. Crash

Crash Active Member

It's not that she made a mistake, Rick. It's how, and why, do you make a mistake like that? There are millions of ways to make a connection to Reagan in California, and she chose to try and force a connection that isn't even half true. Why even mention Eureka College?

Her whole political outfit is made up of amateurs. If their job is to keep her in the news and make her loads of cash, they're great. But when it comes to making her look like a capable, competent individual that is ready to hold higher office in this country, they are flat out amateurs.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Because there's a Eureka in California and whoever wrote the speech made a lazy copy-editing assumption.

It happens to all politicians, and all newspapers.

There's plenty of things she's said worth getting on her about. This isn't one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.