1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sapp says Al Davis stuck in the past

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 3, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He's also a guy who told an opposing coach to "put a jersey on." Sapp loves nothing more than to hear himself talk. No one needed him to say it for people to believe Al Davis has lost his mind. At least I hope not.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Shouldn't this be on the "Clay Aiken is gay" thread?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Sapp was too chickenshit to say anything when he was busy taking Al's money.
    For doing virtually nothing.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Ryan, Sapp is a blowhard for sure, but when Rich Gannon and Sapp are talking about how fucked up Oakland is, they have every right to speak out. The big guy is someone I never liked, but I'm going to take him at Face value. So what he says does merit some discussion in re Al Davis.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What about the guys who spoke out on behalf of Al Davis? How come they get no love?

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Throw the ball deep! Speed kills! Strike fear in the defense!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Is that Chamberlain from The Dark Crystal?

His assassination scene disturbed me inutterably as a child.

8. I don't remember the assassination scene, but I too was disturbed by that movie as a child. When they disrobed/dethroned the outcast was the part that scarred me.

Anyways, ESPN did give the Showtime broadcast credit on the show. What I found most interesting was Sapp implying that Davis would call down to the sideline to tell the coach what play to call.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Here's Kirk Morrison's response when asked if Al Davis interferes with the defense or calls plays:
    "When I look over at the sideline, I get my calls from Rob Ryan."

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Which means exactly nothing. How does Morrison know whether Al's made a phone call while he was out on the field?

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I love the way Sapp referenced Cliff Branch and Jim Plunkett..... MY sort of Raiders.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given Al's love for lawyering, one of the last places you want to reside is on Al's shit list.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted