1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Santorum Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

10 posts in and it's a political snipefest. Well done, everyone.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thank you.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Totally agreed. All prayers for the child. That goes way beyond politics.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Interesting what-if, but would Santorum suspend his campaign if he had anything left in the tank?

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I've posted before that I like Santorum the person. I feel horribly for him and his family.

Would it be too cynical and too early to observe that-- if his daughter's health is his reason for exiting the race-- he looks very good in 2016?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

::)

I've been pretty consistent on this from the beginning, YF.

I don't want Santorum any closer to the White House than I can get to it. He's not fit for national office.

I don't agree with Romney's politics and I won't vote for him, but I don't think he's dangerous if he wins the office. Whether I disagree with him or not, he's fit for it. Santorum is not.

I hope his daughter has a full recovery. I really do. I can separate the candidate and the man.

But tying the emotional pull of his daughter's illness to his presidential ambitions is just utter bullshit.

I'm supposed to suddenly feel sympathy for his presidential campaign because his daughter got sick? I feel sympathy for his family and his daughter, but I shed no tears for the demise of his campaign. If that makes me cold, so be it, but he had no business getting a whiff of the White House.

I care about this country and I didn't want any shadow of a freak chance that Santorum got a shot at its national office. You want to talk about kids? I don't want my own kids living in a Santorum-run nation.

So yeah. I'm happy he's out. It's better for all of us. Sue me.

7. jr/shotglass

There's some point at which you step off the box. This would be it.

8. YankeeFan

He's speaking now.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, his daughter is in my prayers. I don't wish a sick kid on anybody under any circumstances...

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Spare me that bullshit. Save your tears for Santorum the man, his daughter and his family.

His political campaign and presidential ambitions? Good riddance.

11. YankeeFan

You called him a moron before even mentioning his daughter. Sorry. Seems to me, you're more interested in blasting his politics than being a human.

And, hey, that's fine, if that's who you are.

But, it would be nice if you stopped pretending to be a moderate. You're a liberal. And, you're a partisan. So, when you complain about "partisanship" it's empty, and meaningless.

You just don't like "partisanship" from the right.

12. jr/shotglass

You still might want to follow Romney's lead (never thought I'd say that), and not try so hard to separate the situation from the politics.

A bad situation is a bad situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.