1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Santonio Holmes traded to Jets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 11, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know Martin had his troubles, but did he have a legal track record like Holmes has?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Mantle and Martin drank together and chased women together. The Yanks shipped Martin off in an attempt to dry Mickey out. Obviously didn't work.

Does Roethlisberger party with Holmes? I honestly don't know.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Martin also was allegedly involved in the brawl, and the Yankees also had Bobby Richardson ready to take over second base anyways. They saw it as addition by subtraction.

As for this trade, I'm just wondering how Sanchez is going to keep all three receivers happy with enough passes.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

As a Steeler fanboi, one this you have learned over the years is this front office gets it right far more often than it gets it wrong (with the exception of Kordell Stewart).

The Steelers right now open with Ward, Wallace and El as their three receivers. Not too bad.

I have a feeling if Wallace was not showing the promise he is right now, they might have stayed with the the partying-after-he-was-drafted-in-Miami-pot-smoking-nude-picture-sending-drink-throwing-and-whatever-he-gets-bagged-for-next receiver.

The countdown for the Steelers are racist because they kept Ben but traded Santonio column starts now...

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ward, Wallace and Randel El are "not too bad"? Have you seen Randel El play at all the past few years? Can't catch. Can't field punts. Can't run with punts. Can't do much of anything, really. Enjoy!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Holmes is a douchebag, but the Jets stole him for a fifth-rounder.

I can think of a lot of quarterbacks who would kill to have receivers like Edwards and Holmes.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love that the Steelers like to get rid of bad seeds, but they should have been able to get more than a fifth-rounder for Holmes.

8. I agree with Sonner.
    If Mendenhall doesn't have a good year, the Bengals will repeat as Division champs and the Steelers will be looking at them and the Bengals.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. 93Devil

All I know is the Steelers really, really missed him the year after he left.

There were a couple huge plays (dropped punts) on special teams that kept them out of the playoffs that year.

Also, the Rooneys almost never seem to miss on this stuff.

10. 93Devil

Polamalu's health and who is playing MLB is what will keep them in or out of the playoffs.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wow. The Jets are going to be a force this year. Braylon and Santonio are both great receivers. They don't play like it at times, but between them and that defense, lookout AFC East.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

How old is Hines Ward? This is not a good group of recievers. Sorry. Even the Lions have better targets.

Draft saved Draft deleted