1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Santana traded to Mets for prospects

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Good to see another star player end up in New York or Boston.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Mets DO NOT DEVELOP prospects. They stumbled into two incredibly natural talents in Reyes and Wright. Everyone else gets fucked up because that organization is barely better than the Orioles.

Goddamn. That's terrible.

On the bright side, it means Mets fans can shut the fuck up now about how the Yankees buy their talent and all that crap, because the Mets have the worst system in the game and this trade is more offensive than the Clemens trade in 1999.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Zeke just took a sledgehammer to his testicles and he doesn't know why.

Having typed that, if I were a Twins fan, I would be doing the same thing because this deal sucks for them.

4. chester

chester Member

Judging by this, the Twins must not have had any real desire to deal with the Yankees. How do you go from Hughes/Cabrera/etc. to that package.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hope Carl Pohlad dies in a fire.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, that's a pretty terrible package. I've never even heard of three of the players included.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01292008/sports/mets/mets_make_deal_for_johan_78523.htm

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I agree with you. Twins had to overplay their hand and ended up with a whole lot of not much. The Yanks and Red Sox allegedly had better offers on the table for Santana.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just called my friend, the Braves fan. He will not be happy when he checks his voicemail.

11. How do you trade the best pitcher in baseball and not get some established stud in return?

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sorry to pile on the bad news here, but Obama has decided to drop out of the presidential race...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.