1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Santana trade official

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Santana will go down as one of the best Rule V picks this side of George Bell. He was taken from the Astros, used as a reliever for a year, and then sent to the minors. Then he came back, and well, you know...

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll bet you he doesn't. Reverse lock and all that.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Johan, Schmohan. When it comes to the Mets, Johan is swimming in Rafael's wake.

[​IMG]

Is Johan man enough to surpass the wily, banjo-hitting middle infielder in Mets' Santana lore? Signs point to no.

P.S. I love baseball if only for the fact I can use the term "banjo-hitting".

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Kind of. Marlins took him in the Rule 5 draft, and immediately turned around and traded him for Jared Camp.

New York Times had a great piece on the story of how Santana got found earlier this week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/sports/baseball/31scout.html?_r=1&em&ex=1201928400&en=f2e8a7843fd58269&ei=5087%0A&oref=slogin

5. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I say organization in hockey speak :)

Draft saved Draft deleted