1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Santa... and your kids...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, Nov 11, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

For our gift exchange with for the kids with my siblings, my wife's siblings, we have rules (not that we call it that) but it's $50 per gift and no clothes for the kids. It simplifies things and there are less hurt feelings if one person goes out and gets an awesome gift and what is given in return is cheap. We also give each other lists of things the kids want. A couple times we've found things, bought them and then asked them if they just wanted to send a check. That's gone both ways and there's no hard feelings. People realize that when you have little kids it's hard to find time to shop and hit the sales.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Once, we forgot to be the tooth fairy for my daughter. When she woke up and asked what happened, I told her was my fault because I forgot to turn off the house alarm, so she couldn't get in. That night she reminded me to turn it off, but said that she was too scared to go to sleep because robbers could come without the alarm. I said not to worry because we lock the door , at which point she of course asked how the TF would enter. I said something to the effect that she's a fairy and abruptly ended the conversation. She happily accepted the money the next morning and moved on.

Draft saved Draft deleted