1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sandusky victims to be ID'd in court *UPDATE -- Guilty on 45 of 48 counts*

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 4, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Re: Sandusky victims to be ID'd in court

I just assumed Sandusky was married to Helen Keller.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It is only day two and Jerry Sandusky should, well to use a football term, punt and come up with a plea of some sort to end this for the good of everyone involved.

My guess is he will blow his own head off before he goes to jail

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The two stories linked in this thread from Day 1 and Day 2 both seem slanted pretty heavily, but they sure as hell look good for the prosecution.

It's an interesting dichotomy, and one I'm sure won't be lost on the jurors, seeing the steely confidence and apparent anger of Victim 4 (who is 28) and the heartbreaking emotion of Victim 1 (who just graduated high school).

This man had a profound negative effect on both victims and it sounds like those effects are on full display to the jury.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Approves of that idea.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What's wrong with his wife, other than fact she doesn't have a pubescent penis?

7. zagoshe

And not to bring up a sore subject cross thread - but anyone who is reading about this testimony and doesn't think Sandusky should be executed is a person without a soul.

This fucker committed acts against kids that, in many ways, are worse than murder, not too mention if you read anything about pedophiles, you understand it is a learned behavior largely and that means Sandusky has probably created a few more of these monsters along the way.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

I know the board's general feeling toward defense lawyers, but Amendola's loyalty is to his client, first, foremost, and exclusively. It has to be that way, or the system would collapse.

9. Dick Whitman

I think that anyone, anywhere, who has done anything, should be executed.

10. zagoshe

Yes, that's what I said. ::)

11. Dick Whitman

It's not necessarily directed at you, just the mob mentality that takes over this place sometimes when it comes to accused criminals. And society in general, really.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

So is Yahoo doing the best coverage here? Who you reading for trial coverage?

Draft saved Draft deleted