1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sandomir - NBA TV Ratings in Tank

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Chuck, you keep sounding dumber. Seriously.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh don't waste your time responding to me. I wanna see what you have to say about BTE's post. Im just gonna sit back for this one.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Keep reciting the same tired lines Chuck. It's all you've got.

Hopefully you develop better logic and argumentative skills over the next four years.

As for BTE's post, I never denied that baseball's ratings have fallen fast...just like everything else. Yet baseball's ratings are still better than the NBA's. Therefore, Chuck, your argument is rendered irrelevant. Just like your favorite pro sports league.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Hold on there my friend. I said that the MLB was dying. And as you can see from those stats, it is.
    And if this continues, my "in 15-20 years, MLB will be in the shitter" hypothesis will be correct.

5. So, Chuck, if you're basing "MLB will be in the shitter" on those declining ratings, then the same can be said for the NBA, correct?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Not exactly ff.
    Because kids are still playing basketball. And let's not forget, the popularity of basketball is also rapidly growing outside of the US. Parker getting the Finals MVP might not be huge news over here, but it's front page stuff over there for sure. They're goin' crazy over there right now.
    And with the growing popularity of LeBron, DWade, and Melo(because it's a known fact that the NBA is all about the stars), the NBA will be right up there.

EDIT: Remember, the NBA was supposed to go through this. This is what happens when the greatest player of all time(probably in any sport) leaves the league. But they'll be back.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's what logic would dictate. But here's the point where Chuck will mention the NBA's global popularity, as if that matters when selling tickets or drawing TV ratings here in the U.S.

EDIT: And Chuck doesn't disappoint.

8. Chuck~Taylor

I mentioned something else too.
    But go ahead and continue to ignore and be in denial.

P.S. 50% drop in ratings! 50!

9. Kids aren't playing baseball? That's funny, there seem to be about 4,000 Little League teams in our area.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And here's the point where I ask Chuck to cite ANY EVIDENCE AT ALL that kids don't play baseball.

11. Chuck~Taylor

There seem to be -43562435245 in ours.

12. Good comeback ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.