1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sandomir nails ESPN.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by heyabbott, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I heard a story on the radio today about how the Angels manager visited Paul Foytack at the mound after giving up No. 4 to Larry Brown.

Skip said, "Paul, how are you feeling?"
    Foytack: "Well, I'm not in any trouble."

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Something has to be done to break up ESPN's hegemony over the sports world.

Their mistakes go on unfretted because they have no rival.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's hard to spot these things in the midst of all the nonstop Yankees-Red Sox power-fellating.

4. danhawks

danhawks Member

Just an FYI...this happens in probably every highlight Sportscenter runs. In fact, as a PA/Logger, if you don't log every reaction shot to every play, just in case it might be useful down the road, you will get fired.

It probably doesn't happen as much anymore with the advent of the Fox box and the like, because otherwise you would see the clock jumping around or the inning changing in what seems to tbe the same sequence.

I think the situation here is that Sportscenter and the live game broadcasts are about entertainment by now, not journalism so much...if you want something different, find a way to do it better than the gorilla.

Draft saved Draft deleted