1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sanchez throws no-no

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KP, Jul 11, 2009.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

This was a different blonde reporter. This one is very professional and works hard at her job.

As for the hug, it's just a man-woman handshake these days. I had a job interview a few weeks back and one of the people doing the interview was a woman I've known for a few years, so she hugged me.

I used to get ticked off whenever I'd see female reporters hugging athletes who they have covered for a while, but I've come to realize it's really nothing. One female reporter I know is about as hardcore as it gets in terms of professionalism and appearances and everything and I see her hug athletes occasionally.

Anyway, hope this doesn't become a threadjack.

2. mb

mb Active Member

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one that saw the hug.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, it probably will be. Or its own thread. I don't care if it is a man or a woman doing it, a reporter should not be hugging an athlete.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Who should reporters hug, then?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ok, I held off, but now that it's become a full fledged thread-jack...

I hate the "office hug". When I was in the corporate world, the hug was big at my company -- especially among the sales people.

One of the woman on my staff was a big hugger, and all you need is one huger in the group to make everyone uncomfortable.

We'd have our agency in town and when the meeting broke up, she's hugging everyone goodbye. Now if I don't hug too, I look a cold person. But hugging people I work with -- or who work for me -- isn't something I'm interested in.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you'd kissed her and maybe even slipped her the tongue when she was hugging you, my sense is that the hugging would stop.

If she reciprocates the kiss, though, now you have a new problem. Or not. :D

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Apologies for making reference to a Padres no-no in 1972 - it was late and I read the wiki entry incorrectly. San Diego has indeed never had a no-hitter, which makes Montreal's first one, in its second week of existence, all the more interesting considering the two teams entered the NL at the very same time.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Every time I see her, I gotta kiss her hello. I just did it once, on her birthday, somehow it mushroomed. Now I dread seeing her because of it."

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Reporters don't shake hands, reporters gotta hug.

Draft saved Draft deleted