1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sanchez throws no-no

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KP, Jul 11, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Don't suck any more MLB Network dick going through the parking lot.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That poor guy. For the rest of time, he'll be the reason a kid with five career starts gets pulled with a no-no intact after 95 pitches.

3. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

And hopefully Sanchez gave Uribe a good kick in the nuts in the clubhouse.

Kid was dealing tonight. Not sure how he has that obese ERA with the sick hook he was throwing.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I'm guessing that trade might be headed to the back burner ...

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Didn't have any problem with the final strike three, just with the obscenely late timing. If the ump was trying to be dramatic, no need for that.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I'm a baseball writer out here in the Bay Area, and I had planned to go tonight. Turned out I got the stuff I needed at the park last night, and I decided to stay home today and work the phones for another story.

DOH!!!!!

Still never seen a no-hitter in person.

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Maybe Lincecum gets one?? Sounds like a pretty good chance to me ...

9. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

The night before when Lincecum had a no-no into the 7th, I put something about it on Facebook, which of course jinxed it. All my friends got on my case, so I responded: "OK, tomorrow night when Jonathan Sanchez is pitching I won't mention the word no-hitter.... HA!"

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That story also has Sanchez as a reliever. I'm guessing the Giants didn't need a fifth starter for a little while and used him a couple of times out of the bullpen. He's got nasty stuff, but he was 2-8 with a 5.30 ERA and 1.69 WHIP before Friday's no-no.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Bizarre to think that no one has ever thrown a no-no while wearing a Mets uniform.

According to the mighty Wiki, 14 men who played for the Mets threw no-hitters with other teams, the list topped by Nolan Ryan with seven. Tom Seaver lost three no-nos in the ninth inning while with the Mets before finally completing one with Cinci. Hideo Nomo threw one before joining the Mets and one afterward. Dwight Gooden and David Cone are the two former Mets who did the deed while wearing the other New York team's uniform.

Tampa Bay and Colorado are the other teams with no no-nos in their histories. San Diego hasn't had one since 1972.

At the other end of the scale, Bill Stoneman got Montreal its first no-hitter in the franchise's ninth game, on April 17, 1969.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice the Comcast sideline reporter hug Sanchez in the dugout? That was ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted