1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Francisco Examiner Sports Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by DeskMonkey1, Feb 4, 2015.

1. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

from journalismjobs.com JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Editor

Description:

The San Francisco Examiner is seeking an experienced sports editor to cover one of the most dynamic sports scenes in the country, from the 49ers to the Giants to the Warriors and beyond. The ideal editor will be determined to make The Examiner's sports section the most compelling part of the paper every day. Qualified candidates must have previous professional writing experience and be able to write breaking news as well as in-depth features on athletes and team personnel. Page design experience (we work on Macs and use InDesign, InCopy and Photoshop) is required. Superb news judgment and a knowledge of Associated Press style is also required. You must be able to work nights and weekends.

The Examiner is owned by the San Francisco Media Co., which also operates SF Weekly and SF Evergreen.

Send resume and clips and/or website to editorialjob@sfexaminer.com

2. ThomFain

ThomFain New Member

I would love to take on this project, and think I'm perfect for it.

As far as I know, Michael Howerton is directly in charge for hiring this position. Do I have that right?

3. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

It had better pay well, since that's one of the most expensive areas in the country in which to live.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is a tough gig. There are no sports staff writers. All AP and freelancers. PM me if you have any questions.

5. Jwswriter

Jwswriter New Member

6. EddieM

EddieM Member

Um. Wow.
    This should be good. I can't imagine the marriage between Mariotti and San Fran having any hiccups at all...

7. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Can't wait for the first parent to call him complaining that the Examiner's story cost their kid a scholarship ... :)

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The job notice didn't say anything about leading a staff. Probably because there isn't one to lead.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

They don't really cover prep sports on a regular basis. Or haven't, rather, in a while.

10. Goes to show that anybody can be redeemed. Wonder how long before he's back on ATH?

Draft saved Draft deleted