1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Francisco Chronicle refuses to cover MMA and UFC and UFC President bashes em

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blog415, Aug 11, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The demo is not just meathead 20 year olds, although there are a bunch of them. Even if it was, who's to say the won't?

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Again, name a sporting event with 13,000 in attendance that wasn't covered in any way, shape or form by a newspaper that had it in its coverage zone. I have a hard time believing the Chron has ever not covered an event with that many people, and I certainly can't find proof they haven't.

3. Great, the last person in the country who cared about newspaper has written us off.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Sharks draw 18,000 people to every home game and the Chron does not cover them except for playoffs. So that's 41 examples per season.

5. Mystery Meat II

Is San Jose in their coverage area?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

As much as Oakland is, I would imagine. The paper circulates there, and if San Jose wasn't in the coverage area to begin with, why would they staff up for the playoffs?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Re: San Francisco Chronicle refuses to cover MMA and UFC and UFC President bashe

Point of order: The Chronicle does not send a staffer to Sharks games, but they do run an AP story (which is too bad, since I preferred Ross McKeon's coverage to the Murky News'). And in general, the staff'er who went was Ray Ratto for columns, and what happens this coming season now that Ratto works for Comcast Sports Net?

And, yes, they do sell papers in San Jose, but it's not their primary market.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: San Francisco Chronicle refuses to cover MMA and UFC and UFC President bashe

I'm sure there's been a monster truck show or motorcross or Hispanic league soccer tournament or something that size the Chron didn't staff.

9. Gravedigger calls the results in, and they only got two grafs in the briefs and no agate.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Bigfoot's mom called to say the Chron only covers them when Gravedigger wins.

11. Mystery Meat II

They didn't get the coverage they wanted because nobody called the paper until SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

12. I think the real loser here is Snake Bite, who tries just as hard as anybody but doesn't seem to get near the coverage as those other trucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted