1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Fran tourist options

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I know they will be plenty. But Uma and I will be visiting San Fran Friday and Saturday for our Christmas getaway. Just a quick jump to the coast for a night at the Westin downtown and to watch Cirque de Solei under the big top down at the waterfront.

We won't be there long, but will have most of the day Friday and until lunch Saturday to be tourists. MOMA is on the agenda and just a block from the hotel.

Any other quick little downtown/AT&T Park area recommendations from CASportsJournalists.com nation?

and, just to get it out of the way, a bathhouse is not an option.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

How far will you be from Lombard Street?

The piers are always nice.

3. I hear the zoo is nice.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/50979/

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We were there with Huggy Jr. for two days in July. Lombard St. was cool - man, what a hike - and we did the Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf thing. We took a bay cruise which was great. Avoid the Aquarium of the Bay which was a fucking ripoff.

The wife and I have talked about going back - minus the kid - since it seems there would be loads of great nightlife there.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

We're close to just about everything, but will only be there about 30-36 hours. So we don't want to waste much of the time doing Alcatraz. We'll hop the trolly and see Chinatown which is close and maybe Lombard and the warf, but if anyone has good dining suggestions or quirky spots to visit that are in the market district we'll let you play concierge for a bit.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Be wild for a day and go to the Buena Vista cafe at Fishermans warf for an Irish Coffee.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Does that come without the naughty stuff? :D

Or is that just whipped cream? We'll put Buena Vista Cafe on the list.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Probably not a good fit for you but good location and must see destination in SF

Draft saved Draft deleted