1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Fran Chronicle reporters probably will have to give up sources ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 5, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Sources like Scooter Libby?

2. Whoever your source happens to be, if you believe the story was a public service and deserved to see the light of day. Every case is different, every person is different.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Well, I think the spirit of the idea is to protect people who need protection, not disgruntled political figures carrying a grudge.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

and who was carrying a grudge against Bonds?

5. Mark Felt was a disgruntled political figure carrying a grudge. So are some of our best sources for accurate information.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Just thinking out loud ... While I'm guessing it wouldn't be the most honest thing to do ... and journalistically it wouldn't be the right thing to do ... what's to stop Fainaru-Wada and Williams from simply saying "It showed up on our desks. We don't know who sent it."

If everyone REALLY has signed sworn declarations denying disclosure, how could this case proceed?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Sort of the point, A-F. That and the minor issue of the sealed grand jury testimony being leaked.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

more pube 'facts'

neither are sports guys, big guy

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hmmm....

Looks like I had a Firestone-caliber blowout.

10. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

For the record, Mark was in the '90s if I recall. He covered Stanford football the year they made it to Pasadena under Willingham.

Draft saved Draft deleted