1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Diego TV reporter attacked by couple

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ledbetter, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Of course they should. Fox is a propaganda machine masquerading as journalism. And it has the gall to rip legit news organizations with this "fair and balanced" BS. They do more harm to the news media's image than any blowhard on talk radio.

Actually, I have two old friends who work for Fox, one at corporate and one at a large O&O. I believe those two should be beaten only a little -- just enough to knock some sense into them.

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

Is there a problem with management at the station and the reporter? Not to excuse the violent act, but were proper steps taken to protect people.

The reporter said there was evidence before they went out there that the guy who hit him was becoming more erratic and dangerous.

OK, so why didn't the reporter and people in management take more steps to protect their reporter if they thought a confrontation was likely. Like sending an extra crew member or two.

Thoughts?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My thought is that sending muscle costs money and might tend to discourage the kind of golden footage that they were able to get.

4. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

He was interviewing someone who was involved with the story, when out of the blue, the wife rolled up in her car and starting yelling at him. Several minutes later, the husband showed up (no doubt because the wife called). I see your point though, the odds were in his favor to get his clock cleaned and I'm sure there was an extra intern or two around that could have been on "watch" duty. And I am also not sure why he didn't call the police after the woman assulted him with the water bottle. The only time you hear him say call the cops is about two seconds before the roundhouse connects with his cheekbone.

If anybody watched Larry King last night, the couple was let set free on bail. The reporter said he will continue to run with this story.

The couple is either getting plastic surgery or moving, but I doubt they will ever be able to sell another property in San Diego again.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted