1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Diego Super Chargers!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 22, 2006.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm not arguing with your general premise. But, don't use those two names to proove it. Both of them suck, Merriman is one of the top linebackers in the NFL right now. Like I said, not arguing with your point I just feel that using Sanchez and Franklin doesn't help your case.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, they were the first two guys to come to mind.

And if you're making the point I think you're making--that the MLB program has yet to nail the big guys--well, you could also argue, given the quote in Mortensen's story, that superstars in the NFL have to try REALLY hard to get nailed. It sounds like Merriman gave the league no choice but to suspend him.

Oh, and I also refer you to Roger Clemens' 50-game "retirement" earlier this season.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I definitely don't believe that the NFL has a strict program. I also don't believe the MLB does, but by looking at the players, steroids are clearly a bigger problem in the NFL.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sounds like we agree then. Carry on. :D

6. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Both MLB and NFL testing policies are a joke and always will be a joke unless a third party is involved for each league and the testing facilities are 100% legit. I'm sure this isn't a newsflash to anyone, but I just felt it needed to be said. I've heard Merriman's story about the homelessness and all, but cheating is cheating and I don't care if everyone in the damn league does it. Man up and prove you're the best without the shit.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Newbie, we've all heard about the testing policies...welcome to the party.

Go fetch dooley some donuts, if you don't mind :)

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

or, um, you know, um, rafael palmeiro -- not a 'top guy' but a guy who was going to be in the fuckin' hall of fame until he tested positive

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So Palmeiro wasn't a big fish? I beg to differ.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

As much as the Cincinnati Bengals get trashed for its rule-breakers and law-breakers, it seems that San Diego is just as bad if not worse. Yet, you hardly ever hear about that San Diego has character issues. You only hear that they're a Super Bowl contender.

Just another case of East Coast bias, I guess.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Oh, Hoops I'm quite aware of Palmeiro, but BYH didn't use his name, he used 2 also-rans. I was just pointing out that those 2 names don't advance the argument well, not that MLB hasn't caught any big names.

12. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Would that be Boston Kremes from Dunkin Donuts or glazed from Krispy Kreme, sir?

Draft saved Draft deleted