1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Diego Padres' lost weekend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 25, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Last Thursday, the Pads had just swept Pittsburgh, had a two and a half game lead in the WC. They had their second best player, Bradley, coming back after injury for the weekend series.

Then:

*Rockies sweep the Padres, at Petco
    *Milton Bradley steps on the hand of Mike Cameron, Padres' best position player, in a play in the outfield. Cameron out for the rest of the regular season, at least.
    *An hour later, Bradley gets into it with the ump, gets restrained and thrown to the ground *by his manager*, and has a torn ACL, out for six months.
    *Chris Young sucks up the joint again last night, confirming through his horrendous second half pitching that there is definitely something wrong with him.
    *The Padres lose the WC lead, and have to play the rest of their games on the road.
    *Even if the Padres somehow make the playoffs, their second best pitcher, Tomko, isn't eligible for the playoffs. That Tomko is their second best pitcher speaks to how far Chris Young has fallen.

That is an unprecedented type of bad weekend.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The Paders are ture charmions! They never would have let this happen!

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[​IMG]

Go fuck yourself, San Diego

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. spnited

spnited Active Member

And I thought these things only happened in Cleveland.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

This is never not funny.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'm so sure the Padres are going to collapse, I bought a Colorado Rockies playoff ticket for my fall baseball trip. And I live in Michigan. I'm pretty sure the Rox are going to win the wild card.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Have a feeling the Phils are sneaking in as the WC.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How do you know about Cleveland? :)

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You might be right. If that's the case, I get a refund on Colorado and have to search via ticket brokers for Philly. I won't be upset, though. Good for Philly if it gets in.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

There's nothing better than San Diego choking it away.
    I work with a bunch of SD fans and there isn't a softer bunch around. They buy all the crap their cheap ass owners sell them.
    I took great pleasure in emptying their wallets when the Chargers blew it last year.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

And now Norv is making Marty look like Lombardi.

Draft saved Draft deleted