1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Dee-Ay-Go, make that Los An-Gel-Es, Super Chargers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 7, 2010.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I've also heard StubHub (home of LA Galaxy), but that seats only 30K. Lame duck season at the Q?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If I were the Chargers I'd probably rather cook up some kind of stadium deal in Anaheim rather than be the tenants/JV team to the Rams in an LA stadium.

In Anaheim, the Chargers might be able to salvage/retain some of their San Diego fan base. In LA their fan base will consist of "whoever can't get Rams tickets."

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's great except nobody wants to build a stadium in Anaheim.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Have to be two seasons. That won't happen.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They don't have the NFL's permission to build a stadium in the LA area. They can be the Rams' tenants or go whistle.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure the NFL would be hunky-dory with them building a stadium wherever the hell they want as long as they figure out some way to fuck over some group of taxpayers with the bill.

7. HanSenSE

That was the idea behind the Carson stadium. But Inglewood had more bells and whistles, plus a billionaire owner.

8. HanSenSE

Irwindale, Calif., says hi.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'll be absolutely stunned if a team plays a single game in Anaheim. They've been down that path once and everyone hated the result.

If they make the move, I suspect it would be the Coliseum or Rose Bowl until the stadium is ready.

10. HanSenSE

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That thing is a no-chancer. They're gone.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They ought to be gone. They never should have gone back. Al should've moved them to Vegas when he was alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted