1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Dee-Ay-Go, make that Los An-Gel-Es, Super Chargers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I just googled the stadium and it looks about the same. I also just realized how long it's been since I've been down to the stadium (now the CEFCU stadium. It will always be Spartan Stadium).

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Except in 2002 and 2006 when it was played on Jan. 3 and Jan. 6 at 5:15 p.m. for the BCS title games.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Have we been outed again?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Psssha! Sounded perfectly good when I quoted it in the thread title 8 years ago!

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Los An Gel Es
    San Di Eg O

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's appropriate seeing this on Christmas Eve. For whatever reason I always remember moving the living room furniture around to accommodate the Christmas tree, on a December Sunday while Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen were calling a late Chargers game on NBC.

That now makes eight stadiums that hosted Super Bowls that have been torn down.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Baseball too. Wasn't bad for a multiuse yard, until they expanded it to attract Super Bowls and appease Spanos, then built Petco. Willie Mays hit his 600th HR ("and the Bye-Bye-Baby Bonanza") there in 1969.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Let's see if I can name them all. Silverdome, Orange Bowl, old Tampa stadium, Tulane Stadium, Rice Stadium, the Murph, Metrodome, the Atlanta stadium between Fulton County and the newest one.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Georgia Dome.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's it. Can't believe I couldn't remember such an easy name, especially considering how often I was in the joint during the '96 Olympics.

Draft saved Draft deleted