1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Firstime Caller, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Just wondering if anybody had any news on the positions (I believe it was multiple openings) they had open. I know things had obviously gotten delayed because of the horrible tragedy the sports editor suffered with his son dying in Iraq. I was just wondering if there had been any movement since then or if things were still on hold. Before posting, I had tried to find the old thread(s) about this job(s) and came up empty.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I would suspect Jeff Gluck migh have some insight into this.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Where you from, Larry?"

"San Berdoo."

[/Fletch]

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Boy, what in the hell is the matter with you?

It was Harry S Truman!

Marv: "Where you from Harry?"

Fletch: "Uh, California. San Berdoo" 8)

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Lou's son was killed in Afghanistan, not Iraq.

One person has been hired in a dual writing/desk role, and is already in place.

There is still one more dual spot open and one G.A. writing spot open. Both will be filled quickly (but the dual spot is a higher priority.) The list is pretty narrowed down. Still, nothing's set yet. If you haven't gotten your resume/clips in, do so immediately.

6. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Buckweaver, don't forget we need a local colleges writer also.

EDIT: Actually, I think we need a full-time designer also, don't we? I want to say Lou is looking for three people. Hybrid writer/designer, college writer and full-time designer. I think the GA writing spot was replaced by the two hybrid spots.

7. MileHigh

Is the college writer new? Is Michelle Gardner leaving/gone?

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Gardner's still here, and Gluck is right. Sorry about that.

The local colleges writer will have the beat for schools in the Bulletin area/west end to replace the guy who just left. She covers schools in the Sun area.

9. MileHigh

Gotcha. And who left?

10. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Jeff Sanders was the Bulletin colleges writer who left. He went to the Californian in Temecula to cover Angels stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted