1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Stop.

JC likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Aside from his use of the word, "retarded", why?

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

That was he main reason. And nobody is saying the mentally disabled should have guns. I understand the point he was trying to make, but it doesn't hold water in this case, and the method he used to communicate that point is shitty.

JC likes this.
  5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I would argue that most concealed carry folk are mentally handicapped.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And I would argue that's at best an unhelpfully glib quip, and at worst a terrible opinion that shows a severe lack of character that just happens to be employed on the right side in this particular discussion.

HC, franticscribe, JC and 1 other person like this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I get that you're just trying to make a funny riff, but I suspect you'd be surprised at how many reasonable people, maybe even people you know, concealed carry.

Most of the people I know with cc permits are quite down to earth, and most have good reason to carry. There are a couple that make me scratch my head, though.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

See, the difference is, our side's bad people like that aren't running for president and getting lots of support.

10. YankeeFan

US Senator:

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That word should be avoided. If you know parents of kids with developmental issues, it's a word they really hate.

12. YankeeFan

Draft saved Draft deleted