1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Same team?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackReacher, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Having started in the "alternative" press, where these things could go on for so long that nobody remembers what started them, I say yes.

2. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I have been following thios.

I read Wilbon's column first, and I wrote him a note saying the column would have been better without taking a shot at Jenkins.

Thing is, when I went back to read Jenkins' original column, it was based on a discussion Tony and Michael had.

I think it's ridiculous and the fact that editors cannot stop it is an example of why the "super-columnist" is not necessarily a good thing.

Great topic, but people really don't care about what other writers think and have done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i only wish sonner would have shown his work. who knows ... we have no links.

thanks, sonner.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

My bad.

www.washingtonpost.com.

Dig for it, bitch!! :)

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

like 12 days later ... no thanks. i won't click on that link in protest.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Honestly, it's not that exciting anyway.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ha. god bless ya, sonner.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is no way to make Sally's point, to wit, that it is hypocritical to criticize someone for something you did yourself, without getting personal. If you don't name names, the reader will say "who're you covering up for?"

Draft saved Draft deleted