1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Same Sex Couple Intro'd On Disney Channel Sitcom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Jan 29, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As others said, this isn't shoving anything on anybody. This is allowing the show to reflect what they already see in life. My daughter has one classmate with same-sex parents. She doesn't care. She doesn't really understand why anybody would have a problem with it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was done in a harmless way.

It's not like this was a "very special" episode.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Thankfully I missed that episode

4. zagoshe

Of course it is - it is once again Hollywood elitist liberal's wet dream world.....

You know the one where the fat, unathletic kids beat the meanie athletic kids
    The one where girls are as strong as boys and beat them in sports like basketball and football
    The one where the President and all of her advisors are some sort of minority
    The one where every neighborhood has gay couples with kids and it is accepted and everyone loves them

etc., etc., etc.

It is why I hate watching most TV shows -- because they are a skewed version of reality.

In reality, if you took a bunch of nerdy dorks, a fat kid and a chick called them Little Giants and had them play against the best collection of athletes in the area in a football game, it would be a massacre and some whiny parent would sue because of bullying due to running up the score.....

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My young 'uns are too heartbroken at the thought of Teddy going off to college to worry about someone with two moms. (I suspect some of this has to do with my oldest son beginning to make college visits. Sniff sniff.)

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Our incredibly typical suburban block is long, maybe a little more than a quarter mile from one end to another. Our street has four, count em, four lesbian couples. No kids, though. All home owners, they are all hanging out at the 4th of July block party.

Its fine, zag. It is fine.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My oldest asked me how long it would be until Teddy was on another Disney Channel show. I think he sees the girl from Kickin It on "I Didn't Do it" and the younger brother from Good Luck Charlie on some other new show and just assumes she'll be on something else soon...

8. zagoshe

Are they lipstick lesbians or ugly ones? It makes a huge difference in what kind of entertainment they could provide at said block party.....

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Would seem ironic if Fox were to push the envelope on this type of programing.

Seems like a more natural fit on Disney Channel

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Thank god. I'm tired of the Breeder Mafia shoving their lifestyle down my throat on every show. Husband and wife here, husband and wife there. Gross. Keep it off my TV!

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hush. Your reality doesn't match up with Zag's fantasy, so it must not be real.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Can't wait 'til Disney has some drive-by shootings, Pookie on the corner selling drugs, you know, all those things that some kids already see in life.

Draft saved Draft deleted