1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Samardzija signs with Cubbies.........

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 19, 2007.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

But would you take Samardzija over Johnson?

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He displayed a severe case of alligator arms against LSU and kept begging for PI on every pass thrown in his direction.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yep.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

At the risk of sounding like an NFL talent scout, how in the hall could you take any receiver from the past several years over Calvin Johnson? Guy's a freak, and he's been awesome despite Reggie Fucking Ball throwing to him for three years.

And, as a looser fanboy, way to go Cubs. Effin A. I like 96 mph fastballs.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So did National League hitters, when they were served up by Kyle Farnsworth.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

So how will his career end in a year or two:

a.) Blown-out arm
    b.) Blown-out shoulder
    c.) Hit by bus

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Fat Charlie will allow him to be interviewed now.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Muahahahahhaha.

I read some AP story about Samardkajagoogoo before the Sugar Bowl. He was a cliche-spewing, deprogrammed, I-don't-pay-attention-to-the-media drone. Pity the bastards in Peoria who have to get something out of that rockhead.

Too bad Sharon Panozzo is no longer with the Cubs. Then he could have actually gone to a team with a worse PR department.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

After what happened during his college football career in the postseason, I guess he was more eager to sign since he would be with an organization that won't force him to deal with postseason pressure.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Exceedingly well-played.

11. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

It's a good move by him, particularly the no-trade clause portion.

He's a Chicago-area kid, so he was put into an ideal situation and realized he didn't want to mess it up.

College stats for pitchers are almost irrelevant, but especially so in this case. He'd never pitched in the summer until last year. He's as raw as they come.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Absolutely not

Draft saved Draft deleted