1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sam Mullet: Amish warlord

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Oct 8, 2011.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I really have no idea what to say about this.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you prohibit dancing among adults.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I never understand the Amish. If you grow a beard, don't shave the 'stache.

4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Weird Al warned us years ago that these people were going to snap and we all laughed and ignored him.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I was reading about this the other day. Checked to make sure it wasn't an Onion piece.

6. lono

lono Active Member

Mullet told the police, "You've got to talk to the hand, because the beard isn't listening."

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Wow. I saw something about this on Fox News earlier today but didn't have a chance to actually listen. Just crazy. Amish people getting busted for hate crimes? What's the world coming to?

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not sure the Onion could've written a better story, even the guy's name is Mullet.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

In Toronto, we're about an hour's drive from serious Mennonite country (mostly the same as Amish) and this doesn't surprise me in the least.

There are differing sects within each Mennonite community: Old School who believe that anything modern is evil including cars, electricity and running water; Slightly Old School who think that electricity is OK as long as it runs to the barn and not the house; Kinda Old School who believe that cars are OK as long as they're black and all the trim has been removed.

The list goes on. One thing is constant. When you drive by their meticulous farms on a Monday, there's laundry hanging on the line. And most of it is all white .

My fav image is during a road trip HC and I took this summer

Passing us in the middle of a small town was a horse drawn buggy with two bearded Mennonite 20 somethings, dressed in the usual manner: white shirts and black pants.

They had lashed an orange canoe on the top of their cab. Bright orange.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

KRS-One still around? Because I smell a "Self Destruction" sequel.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sam is biding his time for the EMP so he can rule America.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I know, eh? The Mullet men dole out the haircuts. Forcible male grooming hasn't been this much fun since Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake was wielding the clippers.

Draft saved Draft deleted