1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sam Mitchell: COY

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SoSueMe, Apr 24, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Does anyone at that station? I was happy to move within range, but I listened to the station for about a week and haven't tuned in since. Brutal. Just brutal.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hell, most of them don't know anything about hockey.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Well said.

4. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Sam Mitchell's probably a good coach, but this should be Don Nelson's award.
    Granted he had a healthy Baron Davis for the first time ever, but still the Warriors haven't made the playoffs since 1994. Then they went out and surprised Dallas in game 1 in the first round after sweeping them in the regular season.
    Toronto made the playoffs in the east, but so did the pathetic Orlando Magic and the a Washington Wizards team without Butler or Arenas..

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'd have given it to Sloan or Van Gundy. Hou did an excellent job when Yao went down

6. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Would anyone be surprised if Mitchell was fired?

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes. He did a fine job this year, and this team is only going to get better next year with Bargnani playing a bigger role and Bosh becoming a fully fledged star. While Colangelo might be tempted to bring in "his own man" he'd be making a mistake.

8. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

I think Mitchell is cooked.
    http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/sports/sportsmonday/story.html?id=dfcb3614-ec1c-4efb-a406-23c4026417c4

Colangelo is the brightest young mind in the NBA today. He'll bring in his guy Iavaroni from Phoenix, clean house like he did in Phoenix, and build another power.

What will he do about the Raptors not having a draft pick in this strong draft? I don't see much trade bait, but you can sure he's got something cooking. If I'm a GM and he calls, I'm not answering.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Mitchell was cooked about the time Bryan Colangelo moved in his office, or at least about the time he brought in Gherardini, who I'm sure will mine his extensive Euro contacts to find someone better than Toronto could have gotten in the draft. Or better for Toronto.

Draft saved Draft deleted