1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salon on Final Four media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Apr 15, 2012.

1. To be fair, there does seem to be a growing trend toward marketing individual writers, broadcasters, etc., and turning them into mini-celebrities. Twitter has certainly helped spur that trend as readers get to know the hacks behind the keyboards better, and some companies themselves have been looking to acquire the "personalities" in the industry. So maybe there's a bigger market for this than it seems on first glance...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No Albom? :)

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm with you.

The reporter's not very savvy. If he had been, he would called Jones on his quote about being slow to report bad news. If Kentucky were losing, I assure you, no reporter would be faster to report it.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Started off interesting, but shit, it just started dragging on and on and on and on and on.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Next on Salon: Dogs and cats - Why the anger?

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Stopped at this sentence in the third graf: "We stare at each other a moment, him in a pretty cool NCAA golf shirt by Nike." Jeebus that's some mediocre writing.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Dude, it would be the worst 10 15 20 percent you ever spent. Your work speaks for itself. You don't need me pimpin' you. Although, I know where we'd have our business lunches, and I approve of that idea. So, yeah, OK.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, if you'll be my agent, I'll let you supersize your business lunch.

9. Johnny Dangerously

From three martinis to four?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Where's the Mickey D's that serves alcohol?

11. Johnny Dangerously

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Think about this honestly for a second, especially those of you who liked the piece: Wha single thing in here did you learn -- in 7,500 words! -- that you didn't already know?

Gregg Doyel has two teenage sons. That's about the only thing I didn't know I found remotely interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted