1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salary Dilemma

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DTSEPS, Jul 18, 2012.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

You could also try sitting indian style in the middle of the newsroom and blasting away at what you feel is the former SE's overbloated ME salary, but I think that only works in professional wrestling.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seems like the subject is squeezing in an awful lot of work in 40 hours.

Or, is the subject working for free? And if the subject is, then why the fuck isn't the subject getting paid for his overtime? If the subject wants to work that many hours, then take a second job.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

10-4 to that.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

FYI, a "dilemma" is a situation where you are forced with two or more undesirable choices. Or a perplexing situation.

I don't see this as a dilemma. You either keep working for $22K without making a peep, ask about a raise or look for another job.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sounds like all three are undesirable to the subject.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess you could crawl under a rock. Or go to law school.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ye gods, $22K? Bless your heart ... Do you really want to be in journalism that badly?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, it beats making sandwiches for $7 an hour at Subway ... unless you get free food.

Never mind. It probably doesn't beat Subway.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

When "subject" essentially had the duties doubled with the non-sports things, that would have been a good time for "subject" to talk about a raise, i.e. "I am willing to take on more, but there needs to be a raise involved with that." It sounds like that didn't happen. Why would the company take pity now on the "subject?" Just because he won awards? Sorry, I don't see that happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted