1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salary Cap Football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, I found that out when I realized I could pick my team right now. Which I've done, matter of fact. But auction drafts are the best. Goading owners into overpaying for players, busting on them when they do, realizing you can pay $5 for the Chicago defense in a $100 league because everyone else blew their wad on $35 Frank Gores. And sneaking a sleeper through an auction draft is a greater feeling than getting one in a draft, because everyone had their chance to get him and didn't.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I like the way the prices are set up on this one - it's really impossible to load up on stars. The cap is pretty low. I just set up my team and had to keep switching to cheaper options.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ditto. Realized my mistake when I loaded up on my QB, RB and WR spots before realizing that team D and PK were a lot higher priced than I would have guessed. So I went from having Steve Smith and Torry Holt in my lineup to one where my highest-priced WR was $7.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Rex Fumblethumbs is at your service.

Draft saved Draft deleted