1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sal Pal says Philly wants a white QB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Basement, Nov 25, 2006.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

(Ok, ok)

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Again, if the players don't like the contract, then don't sign. What's so hard to understand about that?

If the Eagles are intentionally sitting out a player who could help them win (i.e. Rod Hood) just to keep his value down, then, yeah, that's a stupid move. With Andy Reid suddenly coming under fire the past two seasons though, I doubt he'd do that. Most coaches like to win.

Your L.J. Smith link went to a Mike Patterson article, however if the Eagles don't want to spend money on a tight end, that's their perogrative.

I'm not sure what the "truth" is you're talking about. If the Eagles ways are so bad, then players will stop signing these extensions and they'll be in trouble. But the bottom line is this has been a successful franchise in large part because of the way they do business (Patterson, Brown and Andrews certainly had nice things to say about the organization). If the agents and players think this is bad business, then they'll stop signing and the Eagles will have their problems.

I'm just not sure what your problem is, other than being quite juvenille. I may be half a man, but that's half more than you, apparently.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You can win a Super Bowl without a front-rank tight end . . . but having one is a tremendous advantage.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

The problem is you took a cheap shot, and thought you weren't going to get called on it. You were wrong.

You thought I couldn't back up what I said. You were wrong.

You're like the bully who spits on a dog and wonders why he got bit in the ass. Now you want to play dumb.

Next time you come into the lane, don't shoot the fallaway floater, or else it will get rejected, too.

Want to hear some more truth: Michael Irvin acts like an utter di*khead, and he played for the team I like. More truth: Emmitt never should have gone to Arizona. You see, you can like or admire a team and still talk freely about their shortcomings. Bledsoe sucked this year and couldn't make his reads anymore, and he should have been benched earlier. It's really not that tough.

I'm just sick of people like you and their throwaway comments. If you have something to contribute, say it. If you don't, don't act shocked when you're 'conjectures' are exposed as fraudulent and / or naive.

Just not in the mood for this today. I say things, but I can back up my assertions in a blink of an eye. You want to try to casually throw me under the bus? Great. Don't come whining about acting 'juvenile' when it's you the Greyhound is running over.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Flame wars. Sigh. Hank, do I sound that juvenile when I get in one?

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Agreed. However, I'm not sure if L.J. Smith is a front-rank tight end or not ... he certainly shows flashes now and then like he could be.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Smith is not a top - end guy, no way. That's Gates and Gonzalez territory. He's third - tier, at best. He is, however, worth more than $500K / year, which is what the Eagles want to pay him.

8. Only two were serious in terms of missing games. He missed 5+ the past two years, but the others only cost him 1 or 2.

9. Philly hates white QBs just as much as black ones. Boomer Esaison and other white QBs had a lot of critics in their own town. They're just a tough town.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Trust me as an Eagles fan and season ticket holder I could care less what color the Eagles quarterback is? White, Black, Yellow, purple, navy blue....just raised a Lombardi Trophy and Philly will annoint you God!

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Amen, brother! I remember the days of Jeff Kemp, Bobby Hoying, and the Detmers (although Koy's "smack my bitch up" dance was a highlight of the '98 season) and don't really have any desire to go back there. McNabb is one of the top five or six QBs in the NFL. If there's anybody better, who's available, tell me.

This might be a good thing for the long-term future of the team, though. With McNabb out and Garcia hopping around like he's taken three handfuls of greenies with his Gatorade, it shows how reliant they are on the skills of a good QB like McNabb. He goes down, they're screwed. So with McNabb out for a good chunk of next season, maybe limited for a while after that, and then entering the backside of his career not long after THAT, it's a good chance to remake the offense. Get a running game and make it the centerpiece of the offense.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Mannnn ... I get as inundated with the Eagles on TV as anyone, and I just do not see it. The fact that Garcia moves this team should tell you something.

Draft saved Draft deleted