1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sal Pal says Philly wants a white QB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Basement, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Basement

The Basement Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=2674195

Now, what would happen if Feeley performed a bit of magic and revived the 5-5 Eagles? Popular and with pop-star looks, Feeley would emerge next spring as a direct threat to McNabb, who has been knocked out early in three of the last five seasons.

Feeley's success would force the Eagles to confront a question that it may not be ready for: Life after No. 5.

What do pop-star looks have to do with being an NFL quarterback?
    McNabb was having an MVP-type season before this injury, but he is clearly on the way down, right Sal Pal? What a douchebag.
    True, the guy has been knocked out the last few years ... but you know what? he's a football player. plenty of guys blow their knees, tear their abdomen's, break their legs. It's not like he's got a "toe" or a "hamstring" or even any shoulder/elbow problems.

Stuff like this coming out of Philly, after all these years, makes me sick.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

"Told y'all!"

[​IMG]

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

A.J. Feeley has bombed out in two stops since he left Philly. Even if he is a product of Reid's system, I'm not convinced he's going to do anything other than suck if given the opportunity to start.

That said, what's wrong with beginning to wonder about the next QB in Philly? McNabb is 30 and has suffered serious injuries in three of the last five years. He's played a 16-game season three times in eight years. It's hard to imagine he'll get more durable in his 30s.

He was great early this year but was tailing off something fierce before he got hurt. The Eagles look like a pretty flawed team and more and more like a team on the decline. Does it make sense to continue to invest so much in an injury-prone QB if the team is headed towards a quasi-rebuilding phase?

4. I nominate Basement for making the biggest leap of the week.

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

One of the most illogical things I've read in a long time. Does anyone really think an NFL coach would start a quarterback because "if he falls on his face, or wins five in a row, he will never be a legitimate threat to replace McNabb, who is expected to return at some point next season?"

Coaches make decision based on one thing: winning.

Laughable.

6. The Basement

The Basement Member

well - i'll hear any and all arguments about why and/or how the Eagles need to prepare for the post-McNabb era - but to throw out "popular and pop-star looks" as reasons for Feeley to get the job???

I'd say Sal Pal took the leap before I did

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I dunno. Ask Broadway Joe.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is Sal Pal saying Jeff Garcia doesn't have pop star looks?

[​IMG]

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Well, he's got a pop star voice...and has Playmates fighting over him. Apparently, he has a huge crank.

10. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

hmmm. . .

[​IMG]

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It it looks like a rat and smells like a rat.......[TO]

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

How can he sleep when his bed is burning? :)

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted