1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saints beat reporter -- NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Marcus.Carmouche, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Marcus.Carmouche

Marcus.Carmouche New Member

Hi folks:

We’ll have an ad out soon, but wanted to give a heads up.

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune is looking for a well-sourced NFL reporter to join our three-person Saints coverage team as the lead beat writer.

The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience covering the league and possess an ability to engage readers across a multitude of platforms, including the website, print, TV and social media.

If interested send your resume, Twitter handle and five clips that include breaking news, enterprise and game coverage to mcarmouche@nola.com. Put “Saints beat reporter” in the subject line.

Thanks.

Marcus Carmouche

2. Stopping By

Stopping By New Member

Guess they're trying to fill the spot thanks to ESPN. Curious to see who that grab at this point in the season.

3. Stopping By

Stopping By New Member

Any update on this one?

4. dpilar05

dpilar05 New Member

Looking for a younger journalist or someone more seasoned?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

6. Marcus.Carmouche

Still an open competition.

7. Stopping By

Stopping By New Member

Is this still open?

8. I am interning for them right now in Baton Rouge, and best I can tell, they are still looking for THE guy/gal to fill this position. There is a bit of a turf war going on between NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune and the Advocate right now, so they are looking for veteran writers to fill big positions.

9. Marcus.Carmouche

Don't know of the "intern" who posted this and the so-called "turf war." But yes, it's still wide open. We'll have ad posted in coming days.

10. Marcus.Carmouche

Apply here.

http://nola.jobinfo.com/public/description.php?jid=9909329&rcid=1036426

11. That's a heck of an application, boy. Heckuva an opportunity, too. Would be all over this one if I weren't in this current gig.

12. Marcus.Carmouche

To clarify ... if you've already emailed me clips, you still have to do the app online. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted