1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saints/Bears and Colts/Patriots with spreads (your picks)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 15, 2007.

1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Yeah, which means he's in good shape to go "Rex Grossman against the Cardinals" this week...

Loosen your collar up, chief. I get asked who I'm picking, and I'm taking the Saints and the Pats. I'm not sure why that pisses you off so much, but it obviously does.

I really don't give two shits who wins either game, so don't act like I have a personal vendetta for Rex Grossman.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

There's no way that NFC team from SEC country has a prayer against the one from the heart of the Big Ten. [/agitateDyePackfont]

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Brees & Grossman (guess)

4. CollegeJournalist

I know Grossman is one...I believe he had 7, which led the NFL. But he also had 4 games rated below 50, which also led the NFL.

That's my main beef with Grossman. Dude is either really good or really bad. Luckily for him and Bears fans, they have Jones running the ball and an amazing defense, so they have avoided big problems with him.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Shouldn't you be off writing a column about why the local basketball team should play up-tempo and press full-court the entire game? After all, it works for 5 minutes; it should work for the whole game.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Guy and collegejournalist got the tough part right. The other half, however, is Manning, not Brees.
    Four games under 50? I'd have bet Grossman had four games under 20.

7. I've got two parlays this weekend. Lord help me.

Going with the Saints +2 and over 43 for the NFC game. Both teams can score points, and I'd rather avoid the ulcer brought on by betting on Rex Grossman.

AFC game, I'm parlaying Pats +3 and under 48. That combo worked for me last week -- actually I parlayed Pats moneyline with under 46.5 and made a handsome sum -- so this week I will continue to dance with the one who brung me. Or something.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

[​IMG]

"Grossman bad."

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

[​IMG]

"Grossman bad."

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wahay, no Kool-Aid!

11. CollegeJournalist

Dye...

I'm not sure where your comment came from about the local basketball team, but I do know that you take your little bitchy attitude and stick it up your ass.

Grossman has been VERY bad at times this year, and if you can't see that, you need to take the navy and orange shades off. All I said was that I wouldn't feel safe with money on Grossman, and that has much more to do with his inconsistency than the belief that he's a bad QB.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Consider this ... you just made him happy, because he yanked your chain.

Do play again, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted